Saturday, November 08, 2008

14. Never say die

Taking a stroll in the park
I casually plucked a flower
And threw it away.

Before withering into the sand
The flower released a seed
Which soon turned into a sapling
That grew into a tall plant.

Taking a stroll in the park
I saw the same flower
Blooming at the end of a lively branch
Swinging happily in the morning air.

The flower greeted me
With a challenging smile and said,
You may pluck and toss me away,
But I will not in the earth lie
I will return again and again
To say, ‘never say die’.

3 comments:

Aviral said...

Well written! I wish your articles were as interesting as your poems.

humanobserver said...

Nice flow of thoughts.....

Binod Ringania said...

कितनी सुंदर कविता है, मन करता है कि कविता में ही इसकी सुंदरता का वर्णन करूँ। मेरी कविता पढ़ने के लिए धन्यवाद।
समय मिले तो binodringania.blogspot.com भी देखना।
मिलते रहेंगे।