Friday, May 22, 2009

36. Tree to traveller –II

Traveller, come, take some rest.

See, I have shed all my leaves
To let the sun reach you
And give you some warmth
In the biting cold of winter.

Traveller, let your head rest
Against my thick safe trunk,
Let your legs stretch out
On the soft ground beneath.

Traveller if the sun gives up,
Collect some dried up leaves,
Gather some fallen twigs
To build a small caring fire.

There is no bird on my branches
To bother you with droppings
Come, don’t ignore me yet,
I still have a lot to offer.

5 comments:

Aviral said...

well written...a tree always has a lot to offer...it even gives shade to a woodcutter...

humanobserver said...

Simply superb :)

How do we know said...

this is really nice!! I also liked Part 1.

Kadri Luik said...

I love trees, I even got married to one once. =) What you write really capture the essence of trees.

nituscorner said...

No doubt a tree is a haven for tired travellers.