Friday, August 14, 2009

47.The Inevitable

Caged in a box with other chickens
I gasp for some breath to inhale,
My wings yearn for space to flap
But discomfort is better than death.

When the butcher opens the cage
I shudder with fear of impending death
I am desperate for a corner to hide
Where I can dodge his advancing hands.

I watch chickens chopped into pieces
And hope, no more customer will come
But how long? Maybe, one more night,
Come tomorrow and the butcher will find me
I know, what I fear is inevitable.

5 comments:

R. Ramesh said...

u write so well boss..cheers and best wishes..

Keats The Sunshine Girl said...

the food chain, the inevitable! good flow. of the poem.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Aparna said...

Onkarji, it is amazing the way you turn ordinary into extraordinary.

lala said...

onkar ji - was away for a long time... nice one this. but then, this is the food chain. just because we are at the pinnacle of this means we never think about the other side.

exposemaximum said...

yes, it is inevitable and sad.