Sunday, January 24, 2010

58.Calendar on the wall

Let me live my life, old calendar,
I know, I have but one year.

Let me be of help each day,
Let me hide worn out plaster,
Let me give colour to drab wall,
It is how well I live -
Not how long- that matters.

I can’t mock at you,my friend,
I can see my future very clear,
Just as I have taken your place,
I shall be replaced by another calendar.

I feel for you, but I must say,
Everything falls into disuse,
Do it with rancour or with grace,
This is the truth you must face.

5 comments:

R. Ramesh said...

hi buddy..thanks ya:0

Ayesha said...

Lovely!

vibhu said...

Another lovely poem on Calendar. However,the first one on the same theme was more touching! (posted on 3rd January).

exposemaximum said...

I can't ask for more :)

Indrani said...

Great one again.