Saturday, March 06, 2010

61.Complaint to God

Why did you make me greedy
Always eyeing what others had
Never content with what I possessed?

Why did you make me selfish
Always bothered about me and my own
Never treating the world as a family?

Why did you make me intolerant
Always eager to impose my will
Never respecting the views of others?

Why did you make me ungrateful
Always sulking over the hurt caused
Never remembering the good deeds done?

Why did you make me heartless
Always dismissive of others' miseries
Never moved by genuine tears?

O' God, why didn't you make me like others
I had no desire to be different ?

9 comments:

The Panorama said...

Nice poem.Did you write it?

Keats The Sunshine Girl said...

Many times when we walk in someone else's shoes, we learn how to be tolerant. Nice poem.

R. Ramesh said...

good questions...hahah..over to u God...answer now..

Rajesh said...

Beautiful poem. These questions have no answers as everyone is in the same category.

Indrani said...

So well expressed.

geeta said...

beautiful lines..expressed so well..

Varsh said...

Very nice :)

kavita said...

Very nice ...how many of us ask these questions to ourselves ? If all of us start a little introspection this world would be a far better place.Thought provoking.

Deepak Acharya said...

ONG ! what a poem ! I admire your frankness...