Saturday, May 22, 2010

67. Love letter

My maiden love letter to you -

Composed with care and emotion

Put in a shining pink envelope

Your name lovingly scribbled on top

With the street and town you bless -

Has to be dropped in a suffocating red box.

IMG_0878

Soiled hands will fiddle with it

Strangers will toss it around

Overfilled gunny bags will carry my letter

In the company of heart-breaking tidings.

 

My letter will be pressed tightly

On the carrier of some rickety cycle

To be heartlessly thrust in a small box

Or thrown on the floor of your veranda.

 

My dear, how much ignominy it will suffer

Before my letter lands in your hands ?

4 comments:

The Panorama said...

I am sure she will be very happy to read your letter:) I stopped by your blog and read a few posts. They are really nice. The picture of the pigeon drinking water with two rats is just amazing. Have a nice day!

Indrani said...

Great lines. :)

Deepak Acharya said...

I really liked this poem :)

How do we know said...

your posts always make me smile... this is a sweet, romantic poem.. that i really liked!