Saturday, January 29, 2011

84. Wish of a leader

IMG_1444

Let me enjoy some moments

Of dignity and solitude

After I breathe my last

Till I retain my body.

Don’t put me on display

With cameras clicking,

Lights flashing,

Strangers faking grief,

Onlookers relishing…

Don’t wrap me in tricolour,

That is meant for hoisting,

Let me be in simple white,

Clean,smooth,unmixed.

Don’t fire noisy guns,

Spreading their smoke around,

No heap of garlands for me,

No public holiday and mourning.

Leave my body alone

With the ones I love,

My time with them is short

I can share it with none.

7 comments:

Matangi Mawley said...

grief, i ve believed is very personal... filming it- photographic it should be made an offense... i ve always believed that... this is brilliant! wonderful thought-- very well written!

raji said...

Hm..so true ..may be a heart of a soldier cries in the words what you have a expressed in a poem.good poem :)

Talha said...

Very touching

R. Ramesh said...

good one as usual boss

Indrani said...

Great words of desire.

Margaret said...

Very beautiful written. Deep and with so much feelings.

Yes, very touching!

Anonymous said...

You are getting ready for your compilation (or shall we call it anthology?) - superbly written!

Vidya Bhushan Arora