Sunday, March 03, 2013

121.The kite

The kite got detached
From the string holding it,
Kept floating with the wind,
Exploring expanse of the sky.

Tired of aimless journey,
It started descending to the ground,
Where children with sticks
Were ready to pounce on it.

The kite felt scared,
Took refuge high on a tree,
Hardly aware of the slow death
Waiting for it there.

The kite is hard to recognize now,
Its colours are all gone,
Its flesh eaten up by rain and dew,
Just a skeleton is hung on the tree.

3 comments:

Indrani said...

So sad.

तुषार राज रस्तोगी said...

nicely presented. thinkable poem and emotional thoughts.


कभी यहाँ भी पधारें और लेखन भाने पर अनुसरण रूप में स्नेह प्रकट करने की कृपा करें |
Tamasha-E-Zindagi
Tamashaezindagi FB Page

Anonymous said...

Hi! I сοuld have sworn Ι've been to your blog before but after going through a few of the articles I realized it's neω to mе.
Rеgarԁless, I'm definitely delighted I came across it and I'll be bοoκ-marκing іt and checking back frequently!


My blog post; additional reading