Sunday, March 17, 2013

122. Your love

Sometimes your love embarrasses me,
Your hugs make me squirm,
Your care begins to suffocate,
Your attention becomes intrusion.

I think of running far away
From your tight possessive grip,
Where your mindless concern,
Your relentless affection
Can no longer touch and find me.

I miss moments of solitude
When I can just be with myself,
When all childish efforts to stop me
From harming myself will cease.

But you can't mend your ways
And I can't run away from you,
For your love, though killing,
Is my most prized possession.

4 comments:

Mridula Harshvardhan said...

hmmmmmmmm

How do we know said...

:) coming from you, its a surprise entry... you usually write about more metaphysical things.. but i was reading and thinking that this can apply equally to a grandchild's love for a grandparent too

How do we know said...

oh, and forgot to mention.. it is a nice read!!

Sai Charan said...

Possessiveness in love is a sweet pain, one feels the suffocation and wishes for freedom. But when you do get to spend time alone, you long for the attention again :)

Well written :) Cheers :)