Friday, April 19, 2013

125. Dumb

Don't think I am dumb,
Only my lips are sewed,
Full freedom of thought I enjoy,
But hardly any of expression.

My lips can be unsewed,

If I say only words of praise,
But my thoughts are tired of inventing
Something worthy of praise in 'them'.

My lips conspire with my thoughts

And go off without warning,
But they are not ready to listen,
They are far beyond any folly.

People think, how dumb I am,

They find it so hard to believe
That I am not really dumb,
Only my lips are sewed.

4 comments:

P.N. Subramanian said...

Beautifully composed. It is better to have lips that are sewed even at the cost of being called dumb.

How do we know said...

tumhare saamne sarkar hai, hum is liye chup hain, hamaare saamne ghar baar hai, hum is liye chup hain..

R. Ramesh said...

good one sir:) best wishes

Sai Charan said...

For centuries, millions of mouths were sewn by those who have power!! Since then, majority have chosen to stay dumb than praise the unworthy!!

Very well written, Cheers!! :)