Saturday, May 18, 2013

126. Victory




The seed I sowed sprouted one day,
Igniting hope, desire and happiness.

Under my ceaseless care,
It kept growing bit by bit - 
First came soft green leaves,
Flowers and fruits soon followed,
It was a healthy vine now,
Nurtured with love by me.

I thought, it would remain the same,
Ever smiling before my eyes,
But it kept growing and growing,
Crossing my compound in no time
Over to the other side of the fence,
Its growth hidden from me,
Its fruits no longer available to me alone.

Now, I feel cheated and wronged,
Let down and spurned,
The vine I tended and nursed,
How could it do this to me?

Little did I realise
That a vine must keep growing,
Its spread a sign of its health,
Its moving out of my reach
Was in no way my defeat,
It was the victory of my efforts.

4 comments:

Indrani said...

Wow! So positive! :)

R. Ramesh said...

yes victory of efforts indeed super sir

Anonymous said...

Very soon this web page will be famous among all blogging and site-building users, due to
it's good content

my web-site visit

Sai Charan said...

Very positive poem! :) We often think this way in life, we keep our hopes high and when the reality is different, we feel left out or let down, but we realise that we are still victorious!! Whatever the path is, happiness is all that matters in the end!!

Well written, Cheers!! :)