Saturday, December 06, 2014

49. At Rangnaithittu bird sanctuary

       Rangnaithittu bird sanctuary  is very close to Bangalore- about an hour's drive. Located on the bank of the Cauvery river, it  is a small, but lovely sanctuary. Boats are available on hire to take a round of the beautiful lake in the heart of the sanctuary and see crocodiles and birds from close quarters. When I visited the sanctuary recently, there were not many birds, but the trip was still very enjoyable. Would love to visit the sanctuary again, maybe in February or March when there would be more birds around.







3 comments:

Usha Menon said...

Very beautiful sanctuary. So peaceful!

My Unfinished Life said...

lovely place it seems..ut please put bigger size pics.

www.myunfinishedlife.com

Sandhya said...

I don't know the season when birds come here, but I have seen in some blogs, very beautiful pictures of them. I am also planning to go there one day.

The place resembles Vedanthangal bird sanctuary, here near Chennai, about which I wrote some months back. They were beautiful.